Connection Issues.

Okay so here's the deal:

Here lately I've been having more trouble connecting to xboxlive than seems necessary. I'm used to occasional lags or every once in a while getting disconnected from xboxlive during a busy time of day, but the past week has been a headache. I'm big on Left4Dead and I can't get more than 10-15 mins into a game online without getting completely kicked offline. Usually it ends up where the only way to fix it is to reset xbox and the modem and start all over, only to have it happen again after a short while.

Thought maybe it was just a server on Left4Dead so I've tried other games. CoD:WaW has the same issues for me. Modern Warfare and Netflix also have the same problem. Even when I'm playing games that don't need to be online for, such as Fallout: New Vegas, it will still pop up and tell me I've been disconnected. Please tell me there's a solution. I've filled out the little form thingy as best I can. I'm not as smart as I'd like to be when it comes to this stuff so if I've put down the wrong info, just tell me where to find the right info and I'll get it posted. Thanks for any help!

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  Ohio USA
Modem brand & model number:  Cisco 2100 Modem - MAC 38c85cc07e92
Network Connection Type: Wired

Things you have tried:   Have tried resetting internet. Reconnected cables and everything. Called internet provider and they even came out and updated our modem from an older model. Have an appt. scheduled for them to come out and check the lines but that's not for a couple days. I'd like to have it working before then so I figured why not see if we can find some help online.
Is UPnP Enabled? Honestly, I have no idea what this is or how to figure out if its enabled. If its important to fixing my connection, then I'm good at following directions? lol.
Is NAT Type Open? I think so...
What type of internet do you have? Roadrunner Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner Cable
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? This is where its foggy. Usually it'll connect fine, but still disconnect once I've started a game or movie online. When it doesn't connect its because it can't connect to the Network, which is why I've tried solutions with TimeWarner first. Says it can't obtain an IP address from the modem and it may not be auto-assigning an IP address, yattayattayatta. Seems like its the modem resetting but as I said this is a new modem and its having the same problems, and the problems are only with connecting to Xboxlive. Haven't hooked it up to a computer yet but when the xbox is off, the modem doesn't auto-reset itself. Again, it only does this when I try to mess with xboxlive

Please and thank you for any suggestions. Preferably before we go crazy here and start destroying our expensive toys

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi, The best thing to do is turn your modem off and leave it off for like 20 or more seconds make sure everything is unplugged after that plugs everything together then wait until the modem is back fully powered up then connect your computer xbox or anything that needs internet. It keep happening to me allot then i tried the solution and its fine and it work i don't get disconnected anymore.

Hope this helped please let me know if you still need help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.