Connection Issues- "connected" but too slow to do anything

My wife and I were watching Netflix one night when suddenly our connection speed dropped to the point where netflix would no longer load. I have reset the wireless router several times, had Brighthouse reset the connection on their end, followed the standard "test xbox live connection" threads and all to no avail: the speed will not return, even though we are "connected" to xbox live.  Also, the bars (full) are all white on the network, yet it still connects and I have not moved the xbox or router in over a year.

After running  a "test connection" I got the following error codes : (even though it said it everything was connected)

w: 0000- 0021

X: 0000- F001

Y: 20A8- 48E0

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF- FFFF

white external wireless adapter on the 360.

Road Runner Standard - Brighthouse

Ubee- modem/router

No issues with any other wireless device.   Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This also happen to me aswell ( netflix also).  I ended up resetting my router( wireless) from the start.  I am not talking a unplug, wait 30 sec and plug back in.  Like I just got it new in the box.  It did not take that long 30min or but man after that all the PC's in the house, 1 laptop, 1 ipad and the 360 where FLYING!  If you dont get any better answers its worth a shot.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, trying that resulted in a 2 hour call to the ISP explaining why i needed them to re-send me the factory password.... (my fault for not writing it down).

After much trial and error (and completely re-arranging the furniture for a few hours), I was able to connect via Ethernet cable to the modem itself, guess for whatever reason the wireless adapter died. Apparently, the (at the time) 80$ adapter only works for about 2 years- who knew?

I think that rather than forking over more cash, i'll stick with a direct connection from now on.

Thank you for the reply, and I hope my frustrations are able to help others.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.