Connection Issues - Error code Playability limited

Okay this is a long story so bare with me... My dad lives in the middle of nowhere and he can only get satellite internet. The problem is that his ping for his home internet is in the 800's so he uses his at&t phone to connect his Xbox to 4GLTE internet. It has been working great for over a year. We usually play black ops 2, as that is how we spend time together since we both live in different states. A few days ago he was having issues connecting to live due to sign in error. we called tech support and got it fixed. The next day he tried to get on his Xbox and he got an error stating that his NAT was set to strict and that he would have limited playability. I have called Xbox, at&t and HTC (makers of his phone) and no one knew what we were talking about. Most of the forums I have read says that an Xbox wont even connect to a phone. I cant understand why it has worked great for over a year now and suddenly it just stopped. I asked the Xbox tech guy if it was due to the new security update and the guy assured me it couldn't possibly be that. I don't know what else to do. Please Help!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hello Raye,

your dad uses his phone as a hotspot? I know that works, but it is not recommended.

It´s to susceptible and the telephone companies don´t want it (it´s only okay if you use a small data amount).

And last but not least you can´t open the ports(that´s important for a good NAT).

I am sorry, that´s all I can tell you.

Wish you a nice day

Vince

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Raye,

I am going to post a list of links for you to check out:

support.xbox.com/.../streaming-quality-solution

support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-connect-help-more

http://www.speedtest.net/

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

Please keep in mind that if somebody close by has started a new wireless hotspot this could be causing the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

My xbox live says my acount is ljmited but I biught the 3 month xard an I can play in my call of duty games it wont find any matches an in order to.play on line I.have.to have.a friemd send me a game invite how canni.hget to be able to.play online an find matches I have btand new Internet  so its not my internet

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having issues myself. my xbox is saying, " limited social, gaming, tv, , ect. I live out in the country and I do get internet, but I do not understand this limited stuff. my son and I play battlefield always until this week. he lives in St. Louis and I live in Kansas City. im guessing that since we share the same name, it is possible about this limited stuff. I am confused  Can someone figure this out for me? if its my internet. Century Link than sucks. don't get it. stay away from this company then.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LimpRist!

We'd love to see this issue get sorted for you! Since this is an older thread, please post a new thread detailing the issue you are experiencing along with any error codes you are seeing. That way the community can provide support tailored to you! :D

Sorry this didn't help.