Connection issues due to August update

Lately I've been having issues relating to Xbox Live. Whenever I try signing in, it takes a VERY long time to load my profile/dashboard. When I get on a game (Halo: Reach or Minecraft I play) I get dropped from Xbox Live. At first, I thought it was my console. However, when I loaded any other non-Xbox Live accounts, it runs smoothly. After doing research, I found out this was happening because of an update from back in late August. At first, it would disconnect me rarely (never did before the update), but now, I can't play ONE Halo:Reach matchmaking game without getting dropped from the game, and, subsequently, Xbox Live. If there is any sort of update to fix the Xbox Live issues, PLEASE let me know. I can't even play Halo: Reach now because of this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hey there Zombi! This sounds like it might be a corrupt profile issue. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

I suggest giving the following steps a shot:

Let us know how that goes and we'll be standing by to hear from you. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think it is this, because all five Xbox Live profiles on my Xbox don't seem to work, either. Example: I was playing with my friend yesterday, and he attempted using his profile, but an error code popped up (can't remember the numbers exactly) and it said "Can't Connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to exit your current session to test your connection?". What also is interesting is that my friend was able to play on his profile perfectly fine on his Xbox. I also noticed that some of my friends seem to be having this issue, too. I don't think it's my profile. Awaiting to test your steps, though (as my sister is currently playing AC 2) and I will get back to you after I test it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tested the steps. Nothing worked. It still took five minutes for an error message to finally pop up. I tried getting the newest Skin Pack for Minecraft just now (in which I have about $19 on my account for XBLA) but said that I couldn't read credit card info...? I don't know what to do. All I know is that I'm missing out on some Living Dead gameplay on Halo: Reach :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Nevermind. Xbox Live seems to be working, as I was able to play something now without getting dropped. Thanks for the support, and I will create a new thread if another problem comes up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Right on Zombi! Glad to hear it got sorted!

Let us know if you have any other questions or issues. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.