Connection Issue

So something is being very weird with my xbox/internet connection and Modern Warfare 2. Whenever I try to find a game on ANY play list (Team Deathmatch, Ground War, Sabotage etc.) the percent that is searching for games goes up by 1% and when it gets to 98% it goes up by .3% then it restarts and it keeps doing this. i have even left it on trying to search for approx. 10 minutes, and it keeps doing the same thing. I have an open NAT and have tried to open the ports and nothing helps. I have NEVER had this problem before. the first time it occurred was after i took my xbox over to my friends house to play MW2. i had it over there for about 3 days then i took it back home and it started acting up like this. My connection is wired via Ethernet cord from xbox to router and my brother has one of the new 250GB Slims and his connection is wireless and he can find a game within a minute. his percent counter keeps jumping until it gets to about 65% then he finds a game. But if I'm in the same lobby with him and he is hosting and we try and find a game, we cant. If I go to my connection settings and manually enter my IP address, gateway, subnet mask and primary and secondary DNS servers, then i go and try and find a game, i cant find about 5 games pretty quick before it goes back to not being able to find a game.

This happens just in MW2. On Black Ops and MW1, i can find a game almost instantly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Eric

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

This is certainly odd. To be sure, are you able to get into a game at all, or are you ultimately unable to connect? Lastly, has there been any change to your in-game score for MW2 multiplayer online?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are thinking this is due to my account being suspended from MW2 for some reason, then no it is not. If say my brother is in the middle of a game and he invites me into it, i can join into it and play. If i am at a friends house, i can find a game and play it no-problem. It's just when I try and search for a game at my house it does the whole "trying to find a game at ping<50, ping<80, etc." until it just says "searching games for available players 0/49 good games" and the percent counter goes up to 100% then it just resets itself and has not been able to find a game, even when I have left it sitting there to find a game for 10+ minutes.

And no, there has not been any changes/glitches to my score, win/loss, kill/death or accuracy. All are normal.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright mate, as the issue seems to be limited to that game only, I strongly recommend you check or post on the official Black Ops forums, to see if other users are having this same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.