Connecting xbox to live account

Had extensive search of the forums but no on seems to have the same issue.

I got an xbox a few months back, and played away on it, and now want to connect my profile up to live, but it always wants me to create a new one rather than to 'log in' with this one that I made a while ago for pc purposes. I've seen other discussions that profiles cant be merged but I don't really care about this accounts survival or it's merits (just some AoE online data), or the email it's associated with; it's just that I'd like the username for my upcoming xbox-ing shenanigans. 

Two possible solutions I which were mentioned in problems almost like mine were:

Paying points to change the name of this account and then again to change a made up new one (I like it, but not THAT much)

Doing something with the swapping of the email addresses linked with each profile, but didn't think it was relevant to me as I don't have any online profiles on my xbox, just the offline account i want to bring online with this name.

Hope some will will be able to help

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I dont think I fully understand the issue here? Cant you just download this profile to the xbox and start using it as normal? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's just that theres acheivements on the offline profile already, and for easyness sake one profile is probably the best option. Basically, I have a offline profile on the xbox, and I created this one a while back with the name I use for a lot of things. Now I want to use the name on the xbox on this profile when I brign it online, and due to the fact it seems to be locked in this one, which I thought I'd be able to use anyway. I don't care so much about the survival of this account, just that the name can get to my currently offline profile when I go online with it.

I would think that a simple 'log in' on the xbox would solve this problem, but might be money making scheme for people who decide to make their account online before doing it through the xbox.

Hope that's cleared up anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Tzichy! I'm still a little fuzzy on the exact problem - thanks for bearing with me!

You mentioned when you try to log in with your existing gamertag your console prompts you to instead create a new tag. Is the problem that you want to use your Tzichy profile but the console won't let you? If this is the case do you see any error messages when attempting to do so?

It seems like you may also be having trouble assigning your gamertag to the correct WLID. You may want to take a look at this page for more information on managing your WLID: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id.

Again, thanks for bearing with me! Any more further details about your situation would be much appreciated. Keep me posted on how I can help! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like you're trying to do something you won't be able to.

You have to rename the account you made on the computer in order to free up the gamertag. It costs 800msp which is $10USD.

You would, of course, be able to just connect the offline/local profile to LIVE and play - just not with the Tzichy gamertag unless you paid to change it first.

I believe the cost behind the change has a lot to do with kids online who harrass others and then change their tag to avoid retribition. Things along that line.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help folks.

To Mister Darcy:

I don't have any online WLID or Gamertag associated with my xbox profile, it is still displaying the 'sign up for xbox live'. This account was made before I had the xbox, but rather than instantly downloading this profile onto it, just went ahead and played some game, getting some achievements in the process. Now that i want to use it, I'd have to lose all my achievements to play with this name.

To Raett:

Yeah I suppose there the worst in some people to abuse other like that, I've read in looking for my problem that your gamertag never goes away though, so I'm they could track the complaints if there were any.

Overall it is as i feared, I'll just sign up my currently offline profile and think of a different name. Was hoping for an ideal world but hardly turns out like that. Thankfully I have another email which will be able to 'host' the new account.

Thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.