Connecting Xbox One HDMI to VGA + audio component?

Hi everyone,

I have an Xbox One here - unopened but before I do open it I heard the xbox one is HDMI only - but my LCD monitor I use is a PC monitor (in my room) - on my xbox 360 I used the wire supplied by xbox with the component vga output with the audio white and red going into my AUX input in my speakers. Not really a complicated setup, I just done this so I can use the same monitor for my PC in my room.

But what I want to know is if its possible to get hdmi to vga +audio lead like the one on the Xbox 360 or do I have to out and buy converter etc - I do not want to buy another monitor as yet as I moving houses so I do not know what to do? and I do not want to play downstairs. Please let me know your ideas?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 206 Applies to:

I've got a hdmi to vga component cable that's outputting my audio through a small 3.5mm port on the side (standard personal headphone jack) that's connected to my pc subwoofer  which outputs to the rest of the speakers which works fine so i am sure you'll be able to find one that has red/white on it or a converter for a single 3.5 to r/w.

I got mine off ebay, cheap, cheerful and delivered next day.

[quote user="DARK RYDAH 187"]But what I want to know is if its possible to get hdmi to vga +audio lead like the one on the Xbox 360 or do I have to out and buy converter etc[/quote]There are powered HDMI to VGA+audio adapters available. They appear to be no-name since HDMI to an unencrypted output is a no-no in general.

One of those with the correct cabling (HDMI from Xbox One to adapter, VGA from adapter to monitor, mini-plug to whatever other end you need for audio) should fit the bill.

Note that whatever you use requires power somewhere, either from the HDMI port or an external source. There is no passive device that can convert from HDMI to VGA. It's not just a cable.

Thanks guys..... Thats the problem I know I need a converter and also requires a power source for the adaptor - I do not know - I guess i will play it downstairs until I get a HDMI tv for my bedroom. Just play Xbox 360 in my room until then - another thing am dissappointed in is their is no sky app - i dont know if it was worth me spending money on the new machine

:(