Connecting xbox 360 to HD computer monitor via HDMI cable

Hi there, I've just bought a new desktop computer with a HD monitor. I have previously had my xbox 360 plugged into my HD TV via HDMI cable, and assumed I could do the same with a HD monitor. I have connected the box to the Monitor via the HDMI cable and turned the controllers on, but I cannot get a connection (the lights on the controller just flash) and I cannot figure out how to even get the monitor to recognise the connection via the HDMI cable. Any advice?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Hello,

Some of the new 'smart' TV's need to be on and on the right setting before the console can even power up.  The controller will flash and nothing will happen when the TV or Monitor is not accepting the console input.

1. If your TV has a type of picture/motion compensation enabled, disable it. Examples of compensation types include the following:

*Dynamic contrast

*Automatic compensation

*Contrast detection

*Light detector

*Motion detection

*Motion interpolation

*Motion smoothing

2. Reset the console display settings

* If the display problem is still not resolved, reset the display settings of your console. Here’s how:

* Remove any discs from the disc tray.

* Turn off the console.

* Turn on the console.

Note: If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

* As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Hope this helps.

Good luck & happy gaming

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.