Connecting with wireless router

I have a router through Comcast. I can connect through the wired connection, but not using my new XBOX 360 with wireless capabilities. I tried through XBOX support and they told me to contact Comcast. Comcast then tried to get me to pay $49.99 for technical support. Do I take my new XBOX back to Kmart and accept the fact that no one can help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I'm sure the kind people of this forum can help you out here without you paying a penny.  For us to help you though we need some more information. 

Does your console pick up your wireless router?

Did you leave the ip settings set to 'Automatic' or did you enter them manually?

Can you perform the connection test?  What is the result?  What error do you receive?

Router Make and model?

UPnP enabled yes/no?

DHCP enabled yes/no?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a similar problem. I can't connect to my router with the security settings activated. If i turn them off, I can connect. I have a dantec wireless n router with an xbox360 slim. My ISP is Comcast. My security settings are WPA2.  WPA Algorithms are AES. I have a tivo, two iPhones, and a notebook connected with no problems. I don't have the slightest clue of what to do. And I'm pretty computer savvy. Please help me out when you get a chance.

Sorry this didn't help.

I wasn't able to connect with my wireless adapter awhile back, so I bought a USB extension cord, so I could move my wireless adapter closer to my router without moving my Xbox.  I can now connect no problem.

Sorry this didn't help.