Connecting with Ethernet.

Ok basically i want to connect my xbox with a ethernet cord, but my xbox is in my room(upstairs) and my router/computer is downstairs. So using a cord to connect them would probably not work or might be too much work. I want to use a wired connection because im lagging/dropping out of games frequently. i have read about ethernet power adapters, to connect one to my xbox and into the wall and the other plug into my router and into the wall. Im not sure these will work though? and what ones people would recommend? there also quite expensive, so is there any other option to do this? Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I connected my ps3 directly to the router and it stopped signing out randomly ,  which in return stopped signing out my xbox randomly... So i dont think i need a new router now. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Some routers have a setting that allows you to add more than one dynamic IP assigned at a time but you have to manually go into the software to do this. I only know from reading the FAQs as I am struggling to set up my network myself.

My advice is to get a new router if yours does not support the latest g thing that allows you all to access to router with no lag. I use ebuyer and read the reviews. This often gives you more knowledge than reading the router info.

So if you are lagging you either have to update your drivers (not likely to help) or get a new router. Sorry there is no magic fix. If the problem is in the bandwidth (lagging) and in the IP address going the wired route is not likely to help :(

Sorry this didn't help.

2nd bump ...

Sorry this didn't help.

This is my problem :

I have an xbox360 In my room upstairs and my router/modem is downstairs. Now whenever someone logs onto the ps3 which is also downstairs it will sign out my xbox, than sign out the ps3 and when u connect again it works for both... Also someone can't be on there iPod on YouTube if someone is on xbox/ps3 or both because it lags the game really bad.

Is there anyway I can stop this disconnecting and use the iPod and xbox at the sametime? My router is a piece of **** trendnet g router, which might be the problem. Should I get a new router ( N )? Should I make a static ip for my xbox? Thanks

Because I don't no I'd connecting with a Ethernet cable is an option ( or a really tough one to do).

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there. You are talking about using your powerlines as the cables to connect the two pieces of equipment. There are loads of horror stories, but to be honest they are mostly in the realm of urban myth than modern reality. Not sure which country you are in but if you are in the UK ebuyer.com (have branched in the US I think) have what you are looking for. They are Quickfind Code: 160665. his particular model has 65 reviews with some helpful info contained in them. Havent used them myself but know a lot of people who swer by them. Just make sure you have enough ethernet connections on your router for both the PC and a second piece, i.e. you x-box. Hope this helps :D

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think I'm familiar with the device you're describing. In my experience, plugging into the wall works when there's a connection already established in the wall. What kind of wireless device are you using currently?

Sorry this didn't help.

And.... Bump .

Sorry this didn't help.