Connecting Vizio Soundbar to Xbox One

I have a Vizio 2.1 soundbar (S4221w-C4) and I am wondering the best way to configure the output through my Xbox One via optical. I do not have a receiver; everything is routed through the XB1. Audio options include: Stereo uncompressed, Bitstream out DTS and Bitstream out Dolby Digital. Any help would be much appreciated!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 65 Applies to:

I'm using the Vizio 5.1 sound bar with (Bitstream out, Bitstream out, Dolby Digital)

Thanks for the response - I know mine supports Dolby and DTS, but since it is only a 2.1 channel system, I'm wondering if the stereo uncompressed is the better option.  Each option sounds... different, but I can't pick out which sounds the best. Thanks!

I am resurrecting an old thread, but I have the same soundbar.  It is the Vizio S4221w-C4.  I have noticed an interesting issue.  Whenever I run the xbox in DTS or Dolby Digital, it works, but on games, the sound is messed up.  Movies are fantastic, but on games, especially Advanced Warfare, all of the jumping, footsteps, and gunshots come out of only the right side of the soundbar.  Background sounds work through both sides, but most gameplay only comes through the right.  Any solution to this issue?  Does anyone else have this problem?

The soundbar supports both DTS and Dolby Digital.  Also, the issues go away when I use stereo uncompressed.  I would really like to use DTS of Dolby.