Connecting via login Wifi?

Okay, I am a student living in halls and I am dying to play GTA Online however the free wifi provided in halls requires you to connect to the wifi and then open up a web page and login, is there anyway to possibly get past this for the 360 as in order to even open internet explorer to get onto that page I must be connected to XBL where as I can't do that because in order to connect to the internet you need to log in.

It's a crappy situation and I was wondering if there is anyway I can get around it, like tethering the wi fi connection from my laptop to xbox to maybe avoid the login page? Or any apps that allow my S3 phone to tether fast enough to allow a fast enough connection for online multiplayer.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2018 Views 114 Applies to:

Hi adkenna,

Great question. Allow me to elaborate on a solution.

You really only have one solution in this situation, as you do not have access to the network equipment. That solution would be to connect to Xbox Live by using your PC in place of a router. A bridge if you will. Here is how to Connect to Xbox Live with a Windows Computer

That should walk you through the process, but let us know if you have anymore questions! : ) 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep, already tried all that, none of it worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there adkenna!

Try this as a possible solution: www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../100-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college And let us know how that goes.

Sorry this didn't help.