Connecting to Xbox Live.

Hi guys.  Im having trouble getting connected to Xbox Live.  I haven't used my Xbox in a few weeks, and now it won't connect.  I get past the network and internet connection part of troubleshooting alright, but fail when connecting to Xbox Live, which says I'm connected to the internet, but cant connect to Xbox Live.

I live in Moray, United Kingdom.

My modem is from TalkTalk, but not sure of brand (I doubt this is the problem anyway).

I connect to it through a wired connection.

UPnP is enabled.

I am unsure if NAT type is open as the setting on the modem is confusing.

The error code I see when pressing "Status" is:

W:  0000 - 000B

X:  0000 - F001

Y:  30A8 - 4840

Z:  0000 - 0000

ID: 0006 - 0000

My connection type is DSL.

My ISP is TalkTalk.

The exact message is:

"Your console is connected to the internet but can't connect to Xbox Live."

It has always worked fine and nothing has been changed since the last time it was used.  The strange thing is that there is another Xbox connected to the modem, and it works fine!  It's connected wirelessly, though I've tried connecting mine using the other one's wireless adapter to no avail.

The firewall has been turned off on the modem and I've tried putting my Xbox in the DMZ.  I've also tried resetting both the Xbox and the router back to factory settings.  Feel like I'm hitting my head off a brick wall!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--

Greig.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

And now it's just decided that it's going to work!  How strange...  Only thing I messed about with since posting was the port triggering.  But surely neither of the devices would have worked with the router if this was the problem?  Oh well, it's working mow anyway, Only issue to resolve now is party and private chat not working!  Lets hope that one fixes itself too!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.