connecting to XBOX Live

Hello all,

I received a Xbox gold card and signed up for it online.  I am now connected to the internet with my xbox 360 but I cannot figure out how to use the account that I set up online.   everytime I use the email and password that I set up online....it tells me "This Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile.  Try a different account."  Can anyone help me out with this?

thanks

D Legg

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello,

you must first access your xbox console with the profile data you created on web. If you are not sure about the email and password you used, go to login.live.com and try signing in with what you think is your Microsoft account (email address and password). If you can sign in, the email address and password you entered are valid. Next, go to Xbox.com and try signing in with this same information. If you’re prompted to create an Xbox profile, the Microsoft account you entered is not currently associated with an Xbox Live account. Otherwise, you will sign in and see your gamertag in the upper-right corner of the screen. This email is associated with an Xbox Live account.

Hope this helps you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.