connecting to xbox live

I have tried to connect to xbox live but have not managed so far - help. I have done the test xbox live connection and this shows Network connected, internet connected but the bar for xbox live only goes to about 25%. I then get the message ' A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again.' I have looked at the support site and been through all the 7 steps although havn't tried the direct connection to the router. I am using a wireless connection, my router/ modem is a Netgear DGN1000. My ISP is Orange and I have broadband ADSL connection. On router UPnP is enabled and MUP is set at 1492.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there - would you be able to try a direct connection, just to test? That would help us better narrow down your issue. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes that was my next move. I will need to move my router next to my consule that will take a minute or two. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

I temporarily moved my xbox consule closer to my router and have now been able to make the connection to xbox live. :) It would appear that the problem was that the wireless signal was too weak to make a connection. I was previously only getting 2 or 3 bars on the test page but now there are 5 bars. So although the report showed that the network was connected the signal was not strong enough. Looks like I am going to have to replace my router with one that has a stronger signal.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, glad to hear you've got the situation figured out! :) Cheers to a better signal, and happy gaming! :)

Sorry this didn't help.