Connecting to Xbox Live wirelessly

I got the xbox 360 s 6 months ago and the wireless has been working fine up until now when everytime i try to connect on my xbox it says 'Cannot obtain an IP address  from router or modem.'
I followed the on screen instructions, but they didnt work
I followed the troubleshooting online instructions and followed every procedure, but my xbox still failed to connect

I have BT Home Hub 3.0 type A and have no trouble connecting any other device wirelessly or wired so im starting to think could this be a fault on the internal antenna?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

This could be to many things. Being able to not obtain and IP address could be that another wireless connection is using the connection your Xbox used to connect to and you may need to change the IP address used, Or it could be loss of signal between the Xbox and the router/modem. The best way I could suggest to test this is to hook your Xbox directly to the router/modem using an Ethernet cable and see if you can connect that way. If you can then your Xbox's wireless may have a flaw in it or there is something set wrong in your router or modem that is blocking the Xbox's connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.