Connecting to XBox Live w/ ISP that has Browser Login?

I'm currently overseas and the ISP I have is completely wireless; there is no router that I have access to. Anyway, the internet requires one to log in with a browser to access. Has anyone successfully gotten online with this kind of configuration? If you can help me it'll be very appreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 160 Applies to:

Hi, you won't be able to make the Xbox connect using a browser connection like that, the only real way around that is to use your PC/Laptop and share its connection to the Xbox via Ethernet

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Shad0wmanUK is correct. You will need to use a windows Vista or 7 computer to connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can make an ICS connection with any version of windows since windows 98 - maybe even earlier but that's as far back as I can personally attest to.

If you need help with ICS then you can follow the instructions here: support.xbox.com/.../win-computer.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue for like half a year too, but finally I found a solution. This one will only work if your ISP is checking your MAC-address to identify if you're logged in or not, but mine actually did, so good chances yours does too. This is how it works:

You have to look up the MAC-address of the network adaptar you are using.

This is done by:

1. Go to Start -> Run...

2. Type cmd in de command prompt.

3. Type ipconfig /all. This gives a list of all your network adapters.

Now you need to look for the network adapter you are using and write down the physical address (this actually is the MAC-address).

Once done go to your network settings on your xbox and go to the network you wanna join. Go to Configure Network -> Additional Settings and fill out the Alternate MAC address with the physicall address you just wrote down.

Now you first have to log in to the ISP with your laptop, and after that you are able to log in Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dude!  Pwnz0rtje is my HERO!!!!!!  Thanks bro I have been trying to get my xbox to connect to this hotel for like three days now.  The ISP people couldnt even tell me hw to do it!  You rock bro!

Sorry this didn't help.