Connecting to Xbox live via windows 8

Hello Xbox community,

First I apologize if this question is in the incorrect area. I wasn't able to find a section designated specifically for windows 8 games. 

I recently replaced my old laptop with a newer one and I'm having an issue connecting to xbox live when using game apps. I'm hoping to get some help on fixing this issue. When I was using the previous laptop games would be able to connect with no issues so I believe it must be something I've overlooked on this new machine.
Upon selecting my "Games" app I'm taken to my account overview that seems to connect to xbox live. I've verified this by changing my xbox live gamer tag biography and seeing the change on my xbox 360. The problem starts when I start any game such as "Wordament" or "Pinball FX2". A window pops up telling me the app is asking for permission to access my information. I select yes and then I'm told"A connect to xbox could not be established"
Once in awhile I'll get an error code 0xc00d11cd (0x80070461) but this doesn't show up very often.
What I've tried doing to fix this on my own:
  1. Changing my date, time and country and back to the correct information again
  2. Uninstall and reinstall both individual games and the game app itself
  3. Turned off my firewall
  4. Checked and ensured the proper ports are open
  5. Try to gain access using a different internet connection
  6. Returning computer to factory settings and doing steps 1 + 2 + 3 + 5
  7. Reinstalling windows 8.1 and retying steps 1 + 2 + 3 + 5
I'm just at a loss as to why I can access xbox live however the game apps can't. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Respectfully
Nick

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to: