Connecting to Xbox Live through laptop

Okay, so i'm at university and i've had a hard time trying to connect to xbox live. The internet here is one of those where you have to log in to be able to use the internet. I can do that through my laptop obviously as i can access a browser to log in however I can't on the xbox.

I need some way to connect to xbox live through my laptop or for there to be some way to connect directly. I have no access to the router.

I've read about bridging but my laptop for some unknown reason does not have an ethernet port.

I must also say that the xbox has connected to live before since i've been at uni, but i dont know how. What i do know however is that the internet on my laptop started messing up at exactly the same time (coincidence?). 

One last thing, i posted about a week ago and someone suggested something called 'Spoofing'? i tried but i dont know if i did it right - in any case im still not connected.

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

if you don't know how to connect here! support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

if you can connect but can't play online/join parties here! support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For what I understood, your laptop don´t have an ethernet port, just wirelless, right ?

If that´s the case, you won´t be able to share your laptop´s connection with your console, which would solve your problem.

You will need a wireless router, or another computer which has either two ethernet ports or one ethernet and a wireless connection.

With the router, you can set it up to connect to your internet, using your credentials, so every device that connects to it are able to surf the web, etc.

With the computer you will need to folow this procedure :

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.