Connecting to XBOX live restricting my connection.

Ok, let's start simple!

1: I recently bought the new Call Of Duty: Modernwarfare 3 XBOX bundle. That night I used a transfer cable etc etc to get all my information onto the new system. Ever since I have been using this new console it has restricted my modems connection. Here's what I mean:

1. I have Windstream DSL connection in Jemez Springs NM. The fastest connection we can get from them is a 3MB connection. I run directly from the modem to my computer or xbox, depending on which I am currently using. Since I have started using the new console, everytime I plug it in and connect to xbox live it slows down my connection. The average download speed on various speed test sites show it slowing down to 0.05-0.10 MBS instead of about 3MBS. This is a bad drop. It causes me to no longer enjoy playing games with my friends back in CA, as well as hindering the internet until I call support to have them do a full reboot. Is there something I am missing in this, am I not opening a port or something for my xbox? Did I transfer and instal the updates wrong on the console to cause this? If you have any ideas on this please let me know, I have a feeling windstream tech support won't be able to help much, since they seem to know little about why it's slowing down to begin with.

So a recap:

1.New xbox

2.DSL 3MBS speed.

3.Getting on XBOX live slowing down the connection speed drastically.

4.Clueless :(

Anything would be a great help! Thank you much! I will check back every few hours to see how the post is doing.

~TunaFish ZX

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately I don't know of anything on the console that would be causing those issues. Can you post the brand and model number of your router? Has your ISP tested your lines for any inconsistencies?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.