Connecting to Xbox LIVE reboots my XBox

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but it appears to be an account issue, and not a hardware issue.

I originally posted this thread: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/81302.aspx in the "Using my console" forum, and got no responses. At least none that directly related to my problem. After some fiddling around while disconnected from Xbox Live, I decided to try logging into my roommate's account, which he has recovered onto my console. I signed out of my profile and into his, connected the Xbox to the router, and logged onto Xbox Live. I was able to navigate menus, start up games, etc. with no problems.

After reading another thread somewhere that I can't remember now, I thought perhaps my account was somehow bugged, and attempted the fix posted there: delete the profile from my harddrive, then recover it. I tried that, and as soon as my profile started downloading, the entire Xbox rebooted itself again. I now had my profile name, without any achievements or profile picture. While somewhat disheartening, I thought that's at least better than nothing, until I realized I wasn't able to connect to Xbox Live.

I re-deleted the profile, and re-recovered it. This time the recovery went smoothly, until the progress bar was at about 95%, then the Xbox rebooted itself.

Then it rebooted itself again once my profile auto-signed in.

And then it rebooted itself again once my profile auto-signed in.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I recently renewed my Xbox Live Gold subscription, and with Gears of War 3 coming out tomorrow, I was really hoping to hop into 4 player co-op with some friends.

As it is, I can sign into my Xbox Live account in offline mode, but playing games solo and not being able to have an official record of my achievements due to lack of an Xbox Live connection really sucks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Ziiro! Why don't you start from the beginning with exactly what you are noticing and we can go from there. It would also help for you to make your own thread, so we can focus on your information. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi did you ultimately resolved this problem?

I recently encountered the same issue...

Sorry this didn't help.

What file were you trying to download? Last time did you delete a file from your HDD, or simply remove it from your download queue? What if you try to delete it from the HDD and restart?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had a friend recover my profile on his Xbox, and everything seemed to work fine.

It's still bugging me that my profile is the only one that causes my Xbox to reboot, though. Last time I fixed the problem by deleting the file I was downloading while not connected to Xbox Live, and now I have nothing in my download queue and yet it's still rebooting.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try recovering my profile on a different box. I've been meaning to, though. I'll try it some time this week and get back to you on that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you find that consoles restart if you recover/move your profile to a different Xbox? I wouldn't jump to an "account issue" until we can reproduce this issue on multiple consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.