Connecting to Xbox Live over ICS.

The only way for me to connect to Xbox Live in my current household, is by ICS. I'm not completely incompetent when it comes to networking, as I've been doing this in another location previous to where I live for years.

My problem is that the ICS works at complete random, meaning it will sometimes work with my DHCP settings manually set, or when they are static.

When this doesn't work, I tend to give Ethernet bridging a go, and this occasionally also sometimes works, but not all the time.

Times when I get to work, (I see connectivity in the Network Connections tab on Windows) I test it on the XBOX but it then forces me to disconnect.

I called XBOX support, and they have no idea how to fix this because they say it is not on there trouble shoot list.

Anybody have any ideas they can throw my way, or somebody who understands networking a bit more, if they could help me out it would be great!

James

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

You can found help in this forums.xbox.com/.../821760.aspx (Search for "I use my Laptop as a wireless bridge to connect my Xbox to the WLAN router.")

Alos can found information for networks hardware configuration in forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Regards !

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please look at one or both of these guides for help on this set-up:-

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer (Microsoft Official Guide)

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../ics-bridging-guide (Unofficial Guide if you are still struggling)

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have problems making the connection, I have problems maintaining the connection. At complete random times I get kicked off off Xbox Live, but I'm not making any changes to it.

Sorry this didn't help.