connecting to xbox live and avatar issues

My console froze a few times Saturday, after restarting it, it had me download an update. I had to attempt the update 3 times before it worked. Now, it won't let me sign into xbox live half the time, and everything says it's working. Also, when I go in to my console, my avatar doesn't exist anymore, and I can't access my rewards (clothing). My avatar is normal when I'm on the website at the computer.

Incidentally, I just turned off auto-renew, which I didn't actively sign up for, so I can renew my gold membership manually. But my current membership doesn't expire until Feb 15th. 

I tried contacting via chat, ambassador, and requesting a call, but the page won't load. It smells fishy to me. 

Anyone have any guidance?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Check your memory for any corrupted files and delete them, then redownload your profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeh try renown loading you account if that doesn't work try creating a new avatar and then go to download history for your avatar clothing if that doesn't work come back to me ill help you throw this I'm a xbox ambassador so give me back an email if would still need help or if it is already resolve thanks....

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like local profile corruption. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.
2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).
3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts  & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support

http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:
2) Go to Settings - pick System - choose Storage - pick All Devices - choose Gamer Profiles
3) pick the gamertag choose Delete, and pick Delete Profile Only.
This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button
2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.
 4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).
6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
7) Sign in, and retry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks everyone :)

Sorry this didn't help.