connecting to network, not to internet

So neither of my xboxes will connect to the internet.  The older one disconnects all the time, the newer one hasn't had this problem before.  I have the motorola surfboard 6782 and the "ultimate" internet package with TWC.  It is made so that multiple items can run at the same time.  I have blu-ray players, laptops, and ipods that are running just fine.  I have rebooted the modem/router and the xbox.  Still neither xbox will connect.  Please help!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

^^that and if you bothered to read the other posts in this section, there is a current connection issue with TWC customers and xbox live

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings LoKo STORMZ!

Even if your router/NAT device has the ability to support multiple simultaneous connections, to and from any device on your network, it necessarily doesn't meen that your router/NAT device support multiple simultaneous connections, to multiple devices using the same network port(s). This is an  essential part for UDP (User Datagram Protocol) over NAT traversal.

Now, since you have multiple xboxes connecting to the same router/NAT device, Internet connection, both your console are trying to compete over the same port, used for connectivity to Xbox LIVE (port 3074). The only features that have the ability to support such a set up is UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). The implementation and the term "UPnP support" varies from different vendors, so, not all routers/NAT devices implement UPnP in a well-behaved manner.

Make sure UPnP is enabled and do not forward network ports manually (Port Forwarding/Virtual Server) as well as the DMZ on your router.

Post back and let us know that goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.