Connecting to Live with a dongle in Uni Halls

I recently just started at University only to discover that they have been giving false info about connecting to Xbox Live; you can connect but the firewalls and ports are set up so that you can't actually play on any games. I've got many people emailing them to try and fix it but I doubt they'll actually do anything. It's an ethernet connection so there's no wireless here. I've tried using my iPhone as a wireless hotspot but it's just as bad since I'm on the top floor and the 3G connection is pretty poor. Would it be worth connecting to a wireless with a dongle and have it go through my laptop or should I find some other kind of solution?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If it's your own laptop and there is no Broadband router to connect too using a "HSDPA" or "WIFI"  dongle would be a option BUT may be costly as the more data you use the more your going to pay, also being in a poor signal area you more than likely will suffer disconnection problems. Find out which network has the best signal and data plan

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there T3CHNOR0CKER!

Awesome advice! This thread is a bit old though so it's likely that the Original Poster has moved on by now. I'm gonna lock this thread but I'll leave your post here though in case they do come back or someone else has a similar issue. ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.