Connecting to Internet

I've been having trouble trying to connect my Xbox to the Internet i have tried every solution possible and can't seem to get one I have an older white Xbox 360 with an old wireless connector, I'm not sure if its just because my equipment is old or if something else Is blocking the signal my family recently got direct tv and the problems started when we got it I wonder if its that or something else please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Are you connected via a wired or wireless connection?

I also have DirecTV, but this has not posed much of an issue. If you would, attempt to unplug the direcTV connection to the modem and see if that resolves the issue. If not, come back and reply. If it does, you will need to call your ISP or direcTV.

Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

my suggestion is to hard wire this xbox do away with old wireless connector and do a powercycle, that should fix your issue if not let us know. in order to power cycle turn go to this link it will guide you through it.

support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution

Sorry this didn't help.

I also had DirecTV and it seemed to cause my router to time out a lot of times. My advice would be to disconnect the DirecTV from the internet if possible, and it is best to hard wire your xbox with the ethernet cord straight to your modem. This will make the connection much better and also somewhat faster.

Sorry this didn't help.