Connecting to Internet on XBOX

Background: So about 2/3 weeks ago my house got hit by lightening which caused a power surge in my modem which resulted it being replaced. Now my house has a rack for Modem/Router/Cable/Phone line/sound system in the garage and the house has been equipped with etherenet ports and wireless access points to ensure internet connectivity. A new modem has been installed and from the inception of its installation my xbox is unable to connect to the INTERNET. However the rest of my house can connect just fine.

I have tried everything and the main error i keep receiving is ICMP error.. now it has been almost 3 weeks and im getting extremely frustrated with this situation!! I do however recieve different errors such as MTU and DNS - all of which tell me to restart my modem/router and then restart test ... which i do. 

To ensure it wasn't the router causing problems.. I bypassed the Router and connected the home through the Modem.. now unfortunately i'm unable to connect my xbox and modem directly as this is simply impossible. 

I am open to any/every suggestion at this point... very very frustrated!

Sorry bout the major long post.. Just thought as much info would better assist you/me :) 

I live in Sydney, Australia my ISP - Optus, My Modem - Netgear CG3000v2

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: