Connecting to Actiontec V1000H

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Not sure why the original post disappeared...

My old 2Wire modem/router died and phone company provided a new Actiontec V1000H.  Xbox used to work with the old 2Wire with minimal issues wirelessly.  Now it will not connect to the V1000H.  I did port forwarding.  I created a static IP for the Xbox.  I placed the Xbox in DMZ.  I tried unsecured, WEP, WPA, WPA2.  Xbox will not connect.  The red X is between Xbox and the network.  My laptop does connect wirelessly with the V1000H with no issue whatsoever.  

After trying different things for 3 hours I am frustrated, and then my post disappeared...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Subsequent to my post, I moved the xbox to a temporary location and connected it hardwire and the xbox connected to the Actiontec V1000H via ethernet cable with no issues.  Now just to figure out why I can't do it wirelessly.  

Sorry this didn't help.

When it's wireless how many networks show up on your available network list, and how many of them have a signal strength of 3 or 4 bars?

Also do you have any wireless accessories for the xbox like Turtle Beach or Tritton brand headsets, or possibly any 3DTV broadcast units hooked up to your TV?

Sorry this didn't help.

Only one (my own) network with 3 bars, I can see 2 neighbors' networks but they are both at 1-2 bars.

No wireless accessories for xbox at all.  No 3DTV units at all in the house.  The closest wireless device is a laptop and cordless phone about 20 feet away.  The laptop connects just fine to the router wirelessly.  

Sorry this didn't help.

My current workaround is to bring out my old Linksys WRT160N as an AP, the xbox connected with the WRT160N with zero issues.  I just don't understand why it will not connect with the Actiontec.  Is it a known issue with Xbox and Actiontec modems?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope, Actiontecs work just fine. If your network though is 3 bars, the 2 bar networks may be causing some interference.

I'd sign into the configuration page for your V1000 and change the wireless channel to 1 or 11 and set the wireless mode to G only to test the signal stability.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this post is old, but I just had the same problem, as did my cousin.  We both got actiontec routers from telus and our xbox wouldn't connect wirelessly.  So it turns out that you have to set the encryption type as WPA - AES...it doesn't work with WPA - TKIP.  Hope this helps anybody that is having the same problem as the OP.

Sorry this didn't help.