Connecting One to a TV that has no HDMI Inputs

Can anyone tell me what to buy and where to get it from so that I can hook up an Xbox One to a TV that has no HDMI inputs?

The TV only has Component & RCA inputs for me to use.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need a HDMI converter. If you live in the US will run you about 30 bucks.

In all honesty I'd put that 30 bucks towards a new TV, HDTV's are extremely cheap now.

[quote user="Randver"]

You need a HDMI converter. If you live in the US will run you about 30 bucks.

In all honesty I'd put that 30 bucks towards a new TV, HDTV's are extremely cheap now.

[/quote]

+1 to this ,,you can get a32" for around 250 bucks now

you could get a 32" for 170- 180 depending on the brand name  check walmart.com

I tried a xbox 360 on my sisters old big back tv and wow, its absolutely terrible, honestly, once you play on a HD tv for awhile there's no going back, get a HD tv mate there cheap enough now and make your games look so much crisper.

Walmart had a 32" HDTV on Black Friday for $98.  Look for that same deal the day after Christmas.

Why would a purchase of a xbox one come before a HDTV?

Walmart had  $$100  32"  HD TVs for sale on black friday all day.

Where would you get an HDMI Converter? I am in US. Got One for Xmas gift for child and want to make sure it'll work. If a converter doesn't work I guess I'll have to get a HDTV.

the tv has component?  as in it IS an HDTV (albeit an older one) red blue green?  Or do you mean composite (red white yellow)?

If it has component, you can use this.  As both are digital signals, its not so complicated.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2

converting to analog is more difficult.

Looking at the owners manual of the TV it says those inputs are for hooking up a DVD player to the TV. Green/Blue/Red/Red/White. That link you showed looks like it may work, at least the colors match. I'll order one and give it a shot, otherwise it looks like I'll be heading out to buy a TV also.

Thank You