Connecting on the go

I do alot of short distance travel for my job which occasionally requires me to stay away any where from a few days to a week at a streach. So I spend alot of times in hotel rooms. subsequently so does my XBOX. Now usually I can connect to the hotels wifi connection with no problem, but more an more Most hotels are using an online certification process to keep people from abusing the network. This ususally requires you to connect with the network and open a browser which gets redirected to their certification page and has you sign in with a simple generic login. Is this possible with an XBOX I havent found out how to open a browser on the thing. Or perhaps there is another option. Any help here would be appreciated.

rrr

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Yea with this problem you will not be able to even connect to the xbox live servers since their internet has that little security. Hope this helps you!

-TG TRYHARD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can actually connect to these types networks, but not with the Xbox alone.  You'll need a laptop as well.  You sign in to the network with your laptop then you 'bridge' the connection to your console.  This guide explains how: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978618

Make sure you follow the bridging section, don't bother with ICS as it will always give your connection a moderate or strict NAT type.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.