Connecting offline profile to xbox.com gamertag?

I am planning on getting a new 360 model next month and join Xbox Live. I was wondering if I could connect my offline profile to my gamertag I created here on xbox.com. I have never connected my console profile to Xbox Live and my gamertag has never been connected to my profile. Would I be able to keep my profile and link my gamertag to it or would I have to make a different gamertag when I join Xbox Live from my console?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey TCColaGTAV,

I'm not sure if I understand your post correct.

The profile you created on Xbox.com is not just a Gamertag but it's also a whole profile. You can use the "Download Profile" option on your console to download this profile with the correct information (email and password).

This means that the profile you're currently using is also able to get a "Gold Membership" since it already joined Xbox LIVE.

I hope that this answered your question enough.

Let us know if you have any more questions =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have two profiles. One on my current console (which has never been connected to xbox live) and one on xbox.com (which I have never downloaded onto my console). I am planning on buying a new Xbox 360 in November. When I get that new console I plan on getting Xbox Live for it. I do not want to lose all of my achievments or saved games from the past five years. Would I be able to take the gamertag from this profile (TCColaGTAV) and use it for the other profile (the one currently offline) when I connect it to Xbox Live?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again TCColaGTAV,

Unfortunately moving a Gamertag to a different profile for free is not possible.

You'll have to do the following process to get this Gamertag to a new account:

1. Change your Gamertag on the TCColaGTAV account.
  2. Once you sign-up for Xbox LIVE on the "Offline" account, you'll be given a random Gamertag, you'll be able to change it once for free.
If you don't do step 1 you won't be able to use the TCColaGTAV Gamertag on any other account. Gamertags are authentic.
If you have any other questions, please let us know =)

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay. Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry this didn't help.