Connecting my 360 to a monitor with Displayport

Hi all!

Firstly, I have purchased the Xbox 360 HD VGA + RCA cable and my audio is all good.

The monitor I am trying to connect it to is only HDMI / Displayport compatible. So currently I have a VGA Male (from the box) and need a it to go into a Displayport female.

Would this product work for me?

http://www.estore.com.au/HP_Displayport_To_Vga_Adapter_HCO0189.aspx#.T5pUSNVzKF9

MY SETUP (with this item)

XBOX output -> VGA male -> VGA female to Displayport male -> Displayport female (monitor)

would this work? if not, what would? I would really like to use this monitor

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 195 Applies to:

Additional information.

This is the monitor it will be connected to.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/monitor/led-monitor/LS23A750DS/XS-spec

I think my other option is to use HDMI cable from the 360 straight into the monitor and use a 3.5mm jack from the monitor to the speakers. The monitor says Stereo Audio out, so this would be possible right?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you can connect the xbox directly to the rear of the Monitor with an HDMI cable that would the best way.

Lets items in the flow of data the better.

And it looks like that TV does have a Audio out for headphones,  you can use that out for your stereo.

You can use a 3.5mm to Red/Yellow Audio if your receiver does not have 3.5mm jack for input.

That I use the 3.5mm to my receiver and it works fine with HDMI hooked to my tv.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.