Connecting from pc to Xbox one

http://i.imgur.com/NgO9xDt.png

this is all i get to see, a green screen pops up, says its connecting, then sits here. nothing. i can hear the game or buttons being pressed, but no actual video. ive went through most trouble shooting, all my settings are correct, it says i could stream the highest video settings, i lowered it just to check. it also seems to kind of freeze up my computer. any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:
Answer

i went into the store and confirmed that both the xbox, and smartglass apps were up to date. the smart glass being something that works beside it if needed, and xbox being the app the lets it stream properly, its able to wake up my sleeping xbox, but just sits there with no screens when trying to share the screen.

i dont have any good way to test the networking. i have my computer connect via Ethernet, and i have my xbox connected via wireless, of which both tested fine.  unfortunately the xbox is far enough away that i cannot run an eithernet to it.

after reviewing the support page, i guess the only thing i can point to is a slower router maybe. ill try again when i update my home network. thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hey,

Can you ensue you have the latest version of the Xbox App from the Windows Store.

If you already have the latest version, please check out this support page on how to improve the Game Streaming service: support.xbox.com/.../improve-game-streaming-performance

This can be caused when their is an issue with your network. Have you tried using a wired connection to see if that allows it to display? Since this goes off of bandwidth from the network.

Alliance United

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.