Connecting 2 Xbox One Consoles to the same router. PLEASE HELP!

Hi all, basically we have two xbox one consoles in our home, both connected to a Virgin Media Super Hub 2. Does anyone else use this router? Be nice if someone could confirm a working set up!

Basically, a few months ago one of the consoles started to encounter problems, just randomly getting disconnected from Xbox live during multiplayer games. Then it gradually got worse, and started disconnecting every 5 minutes or so of playing any online game.

At first we thought it would sort itself out, since we never had problems with having 2 xbox 360 consoles with the same set up. Around a month ago, the other console started doing the exact same thing, start an online game, lose connection within a few minutes, and this happens with all games. but funnily enough the first console went back to normal and stayed connected to xbox live, not sure what caused the reverse of problems here.

Now we're at the point where NEITHER console lasts longer than a few minutes when playing online. We've been paying for gold membership for months and we can't even access any online gaming :/ very frustrating!

I've contacted xbox support several times now, and been through all of their trouble shooting steps with no improvement. Also seen many forum posts with the same problem, but with no fix. 

I had some friends bring their PS4s round for a test, and both PS4s stayed connected all night with no disconnects, then had to listen to them brag about their PS4s while they slated the problematic  xbox one...sigh.

If any one  has a fix, or a suggestion outside of the protocol trouble shooting tips, it would really, reallyyyy be appreciated! I really don't want to turn the dark side and swap the xbox's for Playstations :/

Thanks in advance!

Mike.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 83 Applies to:

Hi Nowak00, 

Sorry you're having issues connecting. I've seen similar issues using the Virgin Super Hub 2. First, open a browser on your Xbox Ones and make sure there are no authentications you need to put in. After that if you're wireless try setting  it from 2.4ghz and 5ghz to just 5ghz 54mbps. if you find you're having range issues as this is a higher frequency, then try setting only 2.4ghz 54mpbs. 

Hope this helps. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply Hydro, but already tried that with no such luck.

Been in constant contact with xbox support and my ISP...neither of whom wish to take responsibility for the problem.

Since Microsoft clearly don't want to help fix our problem, we're just gonna trade the xbox's for ps4's next week. Been with xbox for years, but looks like it's time to move on if we actually want to play any online games :/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.