Connected to network, Connected to internet, Failed to connect to xbox live.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? UK
Modem brand & model number:  Netgear DGN2000
Router brand & model number:  As above
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Xbox 360S w/ built in Wi-Fi
Things you have tried:

I have a netgear DGN2000, has worked flawlessly for two years. I lost connection during a BF3 update but internet connection remained. This was Tuesday night and it hasn't worked since. On occasion I am able to sign into xbox live and a system update notification appears. When continuing the system update tries to download, after around 10 minutes or so the download fails. When testing the connection on the xbox I can connect to the network, also the internet, however no xbox live connection can be made. Again, very rarely, I am prompted for the system update if it does establish but again this downloads, fails and reverts back to the dashboard.

There is no issues with the internet connection on the laptop but it is incredibly sluggish on occasion. I have attempted to remove, test, re-configure all necessary ports as well as testing dmz, upnp, dns and static routes to no avail. I have also attempted all variations mentioned on two separate routers being a d-link and a thompson again with no success.

I have also gone through troubleshoot with xbox support. This included, MTU settings, removing the hard drive, reverting firmware with (LB, RB, X x2), clearing cache, using a usb stick as a storage device to download the update, using a usb and a cd-r to attempt to install the firmware update. The firmware update however was from February and I have obviously had that firmware hence having an established connection until 17th April. The original symptoms included, failing game update as opposed to system update, also a limited dashboard with all marketplace content removed. Marketplace was temporarily brought back when the market place system data file was deleted however the problem has since returned.

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? NAT is OPEN
Any Error Codes you encounter: 397F - 000 - 3080 - 0502 - 8007 - 2EE2

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 000 - 0021
X: 000 - F001
Y:  20A8 - 4860
Z:  8015 - 1918
ID:  0006 - 0000
L:  0015 - 10F1
Q:  0015  - 10F1
T:  Wireless (Though I have tried Wired many times to no avail)
D:  192.168.0.1, 0.0.0.0
S:  WPA2 (Though I have tried WPA also)
C:
i  1

Guys at support went through everything on the phone, took about 3 hours in total.  I have had a secure connection for years but only within the last two days have I been experiencing issues. I have contacted ISP and they won't acknowledge it is an issue on their end even thugh it seems a huge coincidence that myself and two other people in my street have lost connection via the xbox, we are all with virgin, have different routers and still have a connection established via PC/laptops.

Any help would be great as I have spent many, many hours trying to resolve this so far.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Anyone?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bump again, advice please?

Sorry this didn't help.

Third time lucky? Please if someone could have a lookg at my post - I've done exactly as asked on another thread by creating a new thread for someone to have a look at my error codes. Any advice appreciated as I've already exhausted all support options within microsoft tech support, netgear and virgin ISP. PLEASE!

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Grovesy1988! I'm sorry for the delay, on occasion when you bump a thread it can take us longer to see it since we work from oldest to newest. That being said, I'm here to help!

I can see you have definitely tried a lot of solutions to no avail! I hope we can find something that works quickly and efficiently. :) Those XYZ error codes you've provided above indicate that there is an issue with the UPnP exchange. I see that you've worked with it, but I don't see if it is currently enabled? If it is not could you enable UPnP, reset your network and run the test again to see if you receive different error codes.

There are two other things I would like to ask you to try. First, have you tried deleting your profile, clearing your cache and then re-downloading your Xbox LIVE profile? Second, can you run a speed test and post the results back? This will help us determine if it does have to do with your ISP and perhaps you might need to increase bandwidth. Let us know the results and any other details you might encounter! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Grovsey! Wanted to circle back as I just encountered this thread (forums.xbox.com/.../241532.aspx). It seems you've tried all the suggested solutions without luck and have now been escalated with your ISP. Let us know how this goes for you and if you still continue to have issues! We'll try our best to see what we can do on our end but as you have tried quite a breadth of solutions I want to see what your ISP and our support team come up with together. Will you let us know if you hear any further information. Thanks Grovsey! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Kleo, apologies for my impatience. I've exhausted every possible solution and as you can imagine, being referred from one person to the next can become quite frustrating. It appears the issue is more widespread than originally thought. I'm currently working with my ISP to resolve. I have just completed a traceroute for the xbox live marketplace IP (I don't want to give you the IP just in case it's against forum rules!), the results were all fine. However, once a trace route was completed for xbox.com the /ms increased as high as 207 at hop 10 then timed out from hop 10 to hop 30. Hopefully now with the comprehensive information supplied to virgin, we will be back online in no time. Will keep you posted, thank you for your replies!

Sorry this didn't help.

First try something easy. Try cleaning your cache.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

According to this use other Virgin national users are also suffering:- forums.xbox.com/.../243927.aspx

I think you will have to keep up the pressure on Virgin to be honest

Sorry this didn't help.

racingbones, in my original post I state I have tried this along with many other efforts...the problem appears to be with the ISP

Sorry this didn't help.

My bad! Sorry, didn't read your post that well....

Sorry this didn't help.