Connect to Xbox Live from a Hotel Room

I am staying at a motel for the next week or so, and would like to connect my xbox live. The problem is that the network is "open" but requires you to visit a webpage to enter the username/password. I know you could enter a MAC address on previous dashboard versions, but with this cuurent one there is no option to do so. Is there a way on this new dashboard to enter a MAC address so I can connect to Xbox Live??? Please Please Please HELP!!!!! lol

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Being able to enter a mac address wont help in your situation.  What you going to want to do is connect to you hotels network with your laptop and then bridge the connection to your 360.

The mac address would only be useful if you could access the hotels router so you could add your 360s mac address to the allowed devices list.

Being able to access and change it on your 360( even if you could ) would not be of any benefit to you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you can get the hotel to accept the MAC address to put on a whitelist then you can get the MAC address from the Xbox itself by clicking on Settings | System | Network | Wired connection | Configure network | Additional Settings | MAC address - and it's shown at the left.

However, if they can't whitelist based on the MAC addres, you can connect the Xbox 360 through the PC with an Ethernet cable, then connect using the Internet Connection Sharing instructions at http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/win-computer - and then the PC's web browser can sign in so the Xbox 360 can connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that as well, but with the new dashboard the directions dont really match up, or I am not good at following the directions that were listed. I tried twice with the network sharing and both times it could not connect to the internet. If you could point me in the direction to a proper walkthrough that explains it using the new dashboard that would be most excellent! Thank you for any help you can offer

Sorry this didn't help.

Pootz83, all the instructions for Internet Connection Sharing are performed on the PC, not the Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.