confusion

I had an xbl god acct last year, and enjoyed it while I had it... but I could only do limited things on the acct because I had a really crappy ISP (satellite). Now I have finally upgraded to the new xbox slim wih buillt in wirelss capability and would like to re start my gold acct.

The skinny:

On my last account, I had to start a whole new account on my console, when I already had an account (local to my console, not xbl) with tons of gamerscore and achievments. Before I restart another gold acct, I want to know how to use my existing account (not the original xbl account, the one that was local to my console) as my XBL acct without changing my gamertag name, email it's attached to, or anything else?

Sounds confusing, I know, but I'm pretty sure it can be done... I'm sure there are  TONS of people who have had the same problem. Who wants to start a new XBL acct afte they've racked up mad achievements and gamerscore... basically starting all over again at ZERO? I know I don't.

Thanks in advance for any help

-Ax

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sign into the account, click on the avatar box, click connect to xbox live, follow the instructions and you're in. Beaware you will have to change your GT if someone already has it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hmm... not sure if you understood the question. I know how to set up a NEW XBL acct. I also know how reactivate my old account. No worries tho, as I stated this is confusing... mostly from my end, because it's hard for me to articulate my problem.

Here's the problem...

I have TWO (2) accounts on my machine named "axhand1e".... one is the XBL account I am using to post this thread and reply with... the other is local to my machine, and is not attached to XBL in any way. I made the "local to my machine" axhand1e account first... played many games and racked up numerous achievements and gamerscore with it, but at the time I didn't have access to broadband internet (I live in the 'boondocks' in north Idaho). Last year, I got satellite internet, thinking "yeah, finally I have broadband, I can get XBL"... so I paid the 50 bucks, set up the account using the same name I ALREADY HAD on my machine, "axhand1e"... thinking that it would automatically be associated with my original "local to my machine" axhand1e account..... no such luck.

Long story short, the satellite internet was useless, I couldn't play most of the games because of the terrible upload speed of the satelite modem, and something the satelite company didn't tell me before I subscribed to their ISP (with a 1 year contract)... they have a ridiculously low "per day download limit" (something like 300 MB per day). Anyway, needless to say, I got pretty much ZERO use out of my  XBL account for the entire year I paid for... water under the bridge imo.

Now, my question to anyone here is... how can I replace my current and deactivated  "XBL axhand1e" acct with my original "local to my machine axhand1e" acct?

so basically, I know the gamertag is already taken... by ME. Can I totally delete the current (deactivated) XBL axhand1e acct? When one starts a new XBL acct, can they apply an existing "LOCAL TO YOUR MACHINE" account to basically become an XBL account?

This is as clearly as I can articulate this question... I really hope someone can help me. I want to be able  to go online ASAP, with my axhand1e name/gamertag, the one that has all the achievements and gamerscore, not the one that I'm posting this thread/reply with.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ax, if you're using an old console, first of all do you still have that old console?  If so and if you have that gamertag on the console and if you have a memory card you can simply save the gamertag on a memory card then  load it to your new system.  There you can register that gamertag and use it with your new live subscription if you haven't launched it yet.  Now you may have an issue if someone on the community already has the tag because that won't allow you to activate it with a gold account.  I hope this helps.

Review this information on this page as well to see if that may help.

support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope you can't. You can change the name of the XBL account to something else which won't free the name up immediately but will make it usable at some point. That's pretty much your only option if you want to use that name with your local account once upgraded.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I understand what you're saying VS... I actually CAN upgrade the loca account, and eventually (eventually being the key word) have the name "axhand1e" attached to it. Any clue how long it will take for the name to become "freed up" after I change the name on the existing XBL account? Also, I can do that here on the internet right? Because I already deleted the XBL account from the hard drive on my new console (yes Shadow, I have a new console, and transferred all the data to the new one).

*****One last important question*****

How in the Blue Hell do I upgrade the "local" axhand1e account to an XBL acct? (which I know, I must change the name of prior to doing so). If there's instructions somewhere could you post a link for me?

Thanks a million guys. I think with your help I've won the war against the "Confusion Monster", lol, and ^5

Sorry this didn't help.