Confused on Sign In

I have an XBOX Free account and just added a code to get 1 month free access.  Everytime I try to do something it says I need an XBox Live account.  It says it free to sign up etc..  When I try to sigh in with my existing account I go to my Avatar and it says signed in.. so I sign out and try to either sign up or sign in with my existing account and it fails.  

Are there different XBox accounts? 

Am i doing something wrong for the sign in?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey mwnance,

Have you verified you have a valid method of payment on your account? If not, this can limit your access on Xbox LIVE.

Here is a handy support article if you need any help: Change your Xbox LIVE account information 

Keep us posted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It says I am a gold member.  But the issue is it says I am signed in and I don't have access to anything.. it keeps asking me to sign up or sign in.  when I try to sign in..it goes to my avatar and i sign out and try to sign in and no luck.  I use the same email and password.  

I can sign in using my computer and it shows that I am signed in and a gold member.

Sorry this didn't help.

Normally you are restricted access to certain things based on your account type.
Silver being the free one and having certain restrictions on demos and apps, Gold being Premium and giving you free range.

There is a chance that you might have redeemed your code and try to access these restricted sections right away and this would still give you the same messages you would have seen as a Silver member. Whenever you are Silver and you redeem a code that gives you Gold access, you will have to reset your console in order for the change to take affect.

Sorry this didn't help.