Conflicting reports on 3D blu-ray playback

I've seen reports that the One does support 3D blu-ray playback, and more recent reports that it does not. Does anyone know the official answer to this? I was really hoping to just put the One in place of my current BR player so that I don't have to stack anything in my entertainment unit.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In a future update I believe.

I'm with you, it's confusing. Safest bet is the compatibility 3D will arrive at a later date.

Yeah not at launch. Would expect update to add it later like the ps3.. Ps4 don't play 3d blu-ray at launch either..

Ok. That's a bummer.  I guess I need to put it near my satellite box anyway for the tv functions, so I guess I'll be trying to improvise a shelf in my cabinet so that I don't have to stack anything.  Probably best anyway since I have cooling fans on that side too.  

Thanks for the quick responses!  

Xbox One. All-in One.*

*Except you'll still need your blu-ray player, DVR, PVR, and more.

@The Bus Driver....don't forget...we also need our Beta-max, VHS, Laser Disc player, DVD players too....I mean we all expect it to be litterally the only thing we need....so it should also come with a built in 50" 4k TV screen, 2000 watt surround sound speakers, and a lazy boy chair to sit in as well.....sheesh

TV input interface, Blu Ray player, Wireless streaming, Games, 1080p webcam, Skype, Cloud storage, built in wifi, Netflix, voice command... It's got most bases covered and it's not even launched yet. 2 years from now it will likely do everything and then some.

No, I just expect it to come with advertised features. They've been touting Twitch streaming since E3, and now it's not ready. They said it would support 3D Blu-Ray playback months ago, and now it's not ready. I've been able to play music via USB for years on my Xbox 360, but again, not ready for launch on the Xbox One.

The examples you used don't make sense, because blu-ray and streaming are modern technologies that the Xbox One is supposed to make easier. I'm just not happy that I'm going to have to have another box sitting on my shelf because the constantly touted "all-in-one" convenience of the Xbox One isn't quite ready out of the gate.

This "all in one" needs a little bit of patience. It's going to get everything you've just mentioned, and it'll get things we haven't even thought of yet.

I read somewhere that it won't be at launch.