Conflict - developer account vs gaming account

I am very confused so bear with me.

Is the MSDN Xbox live indie games account the same as my Xbox live account?

I would like to upgrade to Gold but only once.

I have developed a game and now want to deploy it on my Xbox and play it with my gamer account.

I am unable to sign in to my developer account to upgrade because the email address is assigned to my gamer tag.

Please help me sort this out.

Regards.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

It depends how you have set up your accounts, they could be the same or they could be different. Do you sign into your xbox with the same Microsoft account as you do with msdn? If not then they are not the same, I recommend you switch your console account to the same as your msdn as that way is probably simpler. Check here on how to do this. support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account.

I know my msdn account is the same as my xbox account, but a work colleague set up a specific work Microsoft account so his are different.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply. The problem appears to be with Microsoft's use of an email address as an account number. This means that for Microsoft the email address must now be unique. When they made this change my MSDN account conflicted with my Xbox live account. This is a very stupid move on the part of websites. What do people do when their email address are attached to their ISP? It will take me some time to sort this out to overcome the circular redirection between websites.

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.