Computing project that i need help with :/

I have an Idea for a computing project this idea is to be able to play xbox games and the os using my pc's graphics card processer motherboard ram etc.. and because both my pc and the xbox are computers I think that by taking the xbox hard drive and making it a boot drive option for my pc, so when I turn the pc on I can choose to boot the xbox os or my windows 7, also there is the point of making the controller work wirelessly is there a special thingy bob inside the xbox system that I would need to be able to operate the controller through the pc, finally would I need to install the xbox disk drive as xbox games evidently don't work on standard windows, what is it that makes the disks so exclusive to xbox? thanks system specs are as follows intel core i7 3770k processor gigabyte windforce gtx760 4GB DDR5 graphics card 16GB DDR3 Ram Asus p8h77 motherboard 650w corsair gaming psu

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Well there's quite a lot wrong with your concept unfortunately.

• The Xbox 360 runs on PPC architecture not X64 so all the system calls wouldn't be able to function.
  • Xbox 360 titles are designed and optimized for Xbox 360 hardware so even if you were able to get beyond the architecture problem it wouldn't take advantage of better hardware.  Hardware being RAM, graphics board, processor speed, etc., etc., etc.
  • Xbox 360 hardware is not designed to support driver updates from the end-user and NVidia does not make end-user drivers for the Xbox 360.
  • The wireless controller uses a proprietary, non-open source RF transmitter for the handshake   This--to my knowledge--has never been duplicated by anyone.  The good news is that the Wireless Gaming Receiver (MSRP $29.99 USD if i recall) will allow your wireless controller to sync up to a Windows PC.
  • FATX--the proprietary Xbox 360 file system--is incompatible with NTFS as you noted.  Also accessing your HDD on a computer is against the ToS agreement.
  • Even if you managed to get around all of that you are not contractually allowed to modify an Xbox 360 in any way.  Just opening the case is a clear violation of the Terms of Service agreement.
That being said you have a much better chance of incorporating the Xbox One into a modern PC rig (though that's still a violation of the ToS agreement and I'm not suggesting it) but you'd still run into the same errors concerning drivers because the games are designed to look for specific things.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.