Computer Speakers to TV

Is it possible for me to connect computer speakers to my tv?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If the computer speakers have the right hook ups.

If your TV has RCA audio out or a 3.5mm headphone jack.

It doesn't have either but I'm probably gonna get a cheap sounbar instead. Is there anything i should look for when buying a soundbar? Does it connect through HDMI?

What kind of inputs does your TV have?  That will help us to make suggestions.

HDMI carries sound and video through it. If you are planning on hooking up your PC to your television in order to play PC games on your TV, and you are using an HDMI cable, it should carry both the video and audio signal.

I recently did this as well, even used it a few times, but in the end I found I was just more comfortable doing my PC stuff at the desk and my console gaming on the television.

Otherwise - if you are not using HDMI cables you should really see what kind of outputs your PC supports. If you have Audio and Video outs on the PC, then it should be as easy as hooking up a cable box or DVD player - just find the corresponding inputs on your Television.

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

What kind of inputs does your TV have?  That will help us to make suggestions.

[/quote]

My tv has 3 HDMI inputs, 2 composite inputs and a component input. It doesn't have an audio output area. I basically want all the sound from my tv to play through a soundbar or some kind of speakers, whether i am gaming or watching tv.

Then buy a soundbar with an integrated HDMI switch and put it between your devices and the TV?

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

Then buy a soundbar with an integrated HDMI switch and put it between your devices and the TV?

[/quote]

Exactly as Ice stated.  There are a lot of sound bars on the market so you should be able to find one that meets your budgetary requirements.  Unfortunately I don't know a lot about the sound quality of various sound bars and so I can't give a good recommendation in that department, but if I come across one that has some great reviews (I like hitting AVS forum quite a bit), or have heard in person and really liked it, I'll share my thoughts.

[quote user="BeAr GrYlLs 619"]

Is it possible for me to connect computer speakers to my tv?

[/quote]

It is possible to connect any PC Speakers to a TV if you have the right connection to the Active Speakers etc..

Does your PC Speakers have Red & White RCA Inputs..??? Your TV would obviously have Composite RCA outputs etc..

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]It is possible to connect any PC Speakers to a TV if you have the right connection to the Active Speakers etc..

Does your PC Speakers have Red & White RCA Inputs..??? Your TV would obviously have Composite RCA outputs etc..[/quote]

Because a TV has RCA inputs certainly does not mean it will have outputs. Proof of this is below. ;)

[quote user="Delentheus"]

If your TV has RCA audio out or a 3.5mm headphone jack.
[/quote]
[quote user="BeAr GrYlLs 619"]

It doesn't have either but I'm probably gonna get a cheap sounbar instead. Is there anything i should look for when buying a soundbar? Does it connect through HDMI?[/quote]