Computer and xbox not communicating.

ever since the recent update, i can't stream media from my computer to my xbox. i have tried everything i could find through google and nothing works. the xbox does not show up in my network folder on the computer (windows 7) or in teh media sharing options in windows media player. the computer doesn't show up on the xbox at all anymore.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Jug! Can you have a look at our "Stream media using Zune or Windows Media Player" guide and see if you can get your media to stream in one of these ways? Please let us know what you find out, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried every guide i can find on the xbox site, tried deleting my DRM folder, tried stopping and restarting services. I've also tried both devices on wired, wireless, and combination. Nothing is working. i'm using windows 7 ultimate with wmp 12.

Sorry this didn't help.

bump. still note resolved. it worked fine not too long ago.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Jug, sorry we missed your last post. Can you let us know exactly what you are experiencing. Do you have any issue if you try removing the connection here and setting it back up? What exactly happens when you try stream content? Do you get an error message? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

He's actually correct. I've noticed that streaming to the embedded media player isn't working properly. I have two systems, with different OS's (Win 7 Ultimate and Win 8 Pro) and different connection methods (8 Pro is wired, 7 Ultimate is wireless) and neither will share properly to the 360s music player via Zune (on both) or WMP (on the 7 Ultimate). The 360 CAN see my music files in Media Center from the 8 Pro box but it doesn't see any of my playlists.

Sorry this didn't help.