Component Cables Revert To 480 After Switching To 720/1080i

Currently running my xbox through component cables as my slim broke and using my old 360.

Now when I go to change my settings from 480p to 720p the screen flickers and updates to the higher resolution. The screen asking me if I want to keep these settings and if I do it will test them on 50hz comes up. Whenever I choose yes to keeping the settings the screen once again flashed but I am reverted back to 480p. The same thing happens when I choose 1080i, screen flashes, shows hd resolution but when I choose yes to keeping the settings my xbox reverts back to 480p.

I have used component cables in the past on this tv and have had no issues whatsoever so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I don't believe component cables fully support HD resolutions. Your best choice is 480p or 480i for it to work properly. ( I may be wrong here, please correct me if anyone sees this as wrong)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Only thing I can think of is that you're running at the wrong Hz frequency and your TV is expecting 60 Hz... sadly I'm an American so I can't walk you through the PAL settings to change it.

Please ignore the incorrect information from the user above me, component cables support up to 1080p.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I know the component cables can support up to 1080p.

My XBOX is currently set on 60Hz. I did try my brothers XBOX on my tv last night with my component cables and worked on 1080i instantly. He normally runs through component cables though so that could be why.

I thought it might be something to do with smart discovery, but I do not have that option in my system settings. Also tried turning on the xbox with no disc via my controller holding down Y and the right trigger which didn't help me. 

Sorry this didn't help.