component cable ?

does the xbox 360 component cable display 1080p. and is there and particular problem with it that  i should know about before buying. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

If you use anything like Netflix or hulu plus that provide HD content, using a component cable will force the HD content to 480i. Unless you have a console that doesn't have an HDMI port, use an HDMI cable instead.

1080p does run with component, however like said before in other post make sure that your game you are playing supports you resolution size. I always run HDMI with auto in my counsel and it seems to run fine.

1080i on component 1080p on hdmi, some games and apps don't make use of 1080.

[quote user="mip0000"]

does the xbox 360 component cable display 1080p. and is there and particular problem with it that  i should know about before buying. 

[/quote]

Yes. The component cable will support all HD resoloutions.

Component cables can support a 1080p signal but its dependant on whether your TV will accept it or not. Most TV's will go a max of 1080i through component. If possible look up your TV specs and see if it lists the resolutions the TV can display over the different connections.

[quote user="dudewantshisrug"]

1080i on component 1080p on hdmi, some games and apps don't make use of 1080.

[/quote]Wrong. The 360 will output 1080p over component, it's just a matter of whether or not the display will accept a 1080p signal via component input.

The Xbox 360 does support 1080p output over component, but far from all TVs accept resolutions higher than 720p/1080i that way.

Beware though that only a handful of games support 1080p natively, most target 720p and get upscaled. The same goes for video apps - Zune supports 1080p natively, but the other apps are limited to 720p.

But the improvement over a standard composite connection is substantial either way.

That is incorrect. Netflix and Hulu will be at 720p resolution via component.

Lol, they really SHOULDN'T be though...

The whole reason for HDCP (and Microsoft is a big sponsor of that) is to restrict things like that from unpure connections like component.