Component And HDMI At Same Time?

Hey to start off I am not sure if this is even the right section of forums for this post but I figured I try. I have a capture card that works up to 720p. This is fine for now because I have the original white Pro Xbox but I am thinking of upgrading to the slim and 1080p. So my question is if I connected both the component and the HDMI cable could I do that then just go into xbox settings to switch back and forth when I wanted to record. This way I wouldn't have to be constantly switching cables every time I wanted to record. Thanks in advance for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I cant see why that would not work, you just select which source you want to use on your TV  & console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="KOX KingOfXbox3"]So my question is if I connected both the component and the HDMI cable[/quote]Without damaging the cables, it's physically impossible to do this. Component A/V cabling all overhangs/blocks the HDMI port, intentionally, to prevent this.

[quote]could I do that then just go into xbox settings to switch back and forth when I wanted to record.[/quote]No. The 360 is not designed to allow one to choose an output.

The A/V port pinning tells the 360 what display to use and what audio output to enable. It is possible to manhandle cables that are not built to spec (or very old composite-only cables) into position alongside an HDMI cable. The result is that the 360 cannot obtain an HDCP handshake with the display device over HDMI. You'll have to manually set the resolution, where the resolution will be in PC-format (X by Y, not 720p/1080p). Even doing this, I'm not sure it'll still output to both HDMI and AV at the same time.[quote]This way I wouldn't have to be constantly switching cables every time I wanted to record.[/quote]Buy an HDMI capture card? AverMedia and Blackmagic Design both make such a card.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry OP I thought you would be able to just switch between using the source buton on the TV. I will ask for my post to be deleted.

Sorry this didn't help.

How much is an HMDI capture card. I just bought a Haupauge component capture card last Christmas. Guess I'll have to try and sell it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like anywhere from $90 to $200 for an HDMI capture card.

If you're using a receiver between your 360 and your TV, see if it has a Component out that outputs whatever is input over HDMI. Many do. You may have to knock the 360 down to 720p or 1080i to use it, but that's an option setting, not recabling.

Also, since you have the old Pro anyway, you could just set up both consoles. Put your gamertag and game saves on a USB flash drive to make switching between consoles easy.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is a good idea I could switch to my old console when I want to play clan matches. Anyway though i'll proablly just buy a HDMI capture card eventually. Do you guys have any you can recommend so I can record in 1080p on Xbox Slim. Here is one I found would this work - www.walmart.com/.../15739013 .

Sorry this didn't help.

If that link I sent isn't a good hdmi recorder can I please have one you guys recommend. Also I assume since it is in HDMI format the files will be much bigger. If it is a 4-6 min hdmi 1080p video will it be small enough to put on youtube?

Sorry this didn't help.