Complaints E-Mail

Hey,

So I just called Xbox Live Customer Support, and I wish to file a complaint - not about the agent (they were just grand) - but regarding the outcome of my query.

Does anyone know if M$ offer an email address to which one can escalate complaints about the Xbox Live "service" to?

Cheers.

(I'd like to add, this is nothing to do with a Console Ban :P but more regarding billing/payment/address updates/regional restrictions)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,305 Applies to:

At the very bottom of this page there is a link where you can submit FEEDBACK, suggestions, ideas, etc. You could use that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with Temhotabot on this. But you can also try to call Xbox Customer Support again and ask them if you can have an email to file a complaint. If this is regarding billing/payments and all that kind of stuff you will need to contact them also. Hope this helps! Have a great day!

-TG TRYHARD

Sorry this didn't help.

I cant bare to speak to them on the phone again, I'd not be able to hold my tongue. I wanted to use email for a back and forth dialogue, as "feedback" generally is a one way communication.

My issue mainly is that I moved from the UK to France 5 years ago, and have not been able to subscribe to Gold since (without use of Gamecards) and was told all those years ago that "under no circumstances would I be able to change my XBL accounts regional setting", even when I offered to send them my tenancy agreement, working contract and all sorts.

Now, 5 years on, I've moved to Ireland, and now I cannot even purchase any games using M$ points since "its not available from my current location". To my knowledge, the IE and UK store are identical apart from the currency offered :P

My only option they say is to either start all over again (no chance) or send my HDD off to a friend in the UK and have them download the content I want (lol! I don't call that an option). I asked if I could proxy in and they said it would be against the Terms. Whilst they would never ever find out, I'm a stickler for sticking to the rules.

I work for a large international gaming company in the account support department, a very similar outfit to this (Blizzard Entertainment) and we've always allowed regional changes with a submission of proof of address and residency in the new region, and we're smallfry compared to M$, so I cannot work out why such a system is not in place. In this day in age it's a joke - I barely know anyone of my old school class who live in the UK still - it's not "rare" that people leave their homeland these days.

I'll try the feedback option, but failing any progression on this, I'll simply lose my remaining 11 months Gold membership and leave 4,500 M$ points on my account to rot :(

Sucks so hard. Get with the times M$. Hear my voice :(

Sorry this didn't help.

"While we cannot provide a personal response to your comments, we do use them to improve the Xbox product."

:( That's the feedback page.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately while account migration is not supported at this time, we do appreciate your feedback regarding your desire to change your account region, and we can pass it along. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately it renders me unable to enjoy the XBL products and services, and has wasted 100s of euros. I wish I understood the methods for the madness, because right now it makes no sense at all. 5 Years this has been an issue, and I'm still no closer to resolution and judging by the lack of change over the years, I'll continue to be unable to make use of the XBL services. I really don't want to use my PS3.

I do appreciate that you guys dont want people to change region on a whim - to avoid cheating store restrictions (I know countries like Finland have a bare store, compared to other European regions), but there is no reason why with enough documentation that this isn't possible to change for people with legitimate reasons.

Miss Portia, do you know if there is a complaints email/escalation process I can follow in order to have a dialogue with someone of higher stature (no offence intended).

Sorry this didn't help.

No offense taken. :) You can email our support staff by clicking on "email us" at the following link: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

<3

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no "email us" option on that page nor submit feedback.

I am extremely upset but more disappointed that xbox would cancel the family gold option of 4 users for $99 per year. I contact customer support through chat to try to understand my options. The conversation started out great but I became increasingly frustrated because of my lack of options and the changes to the website. The controls and interface a year ago was much easier to navigate than it is now. The conversation lasted almost 40 minutes and i felt like I had accomplished nothing. I can NOT justify spending 4x$60 per year for my family to use xbox live. That's insane.

I do not intend to continue my subscription due to the 140% increase in cost and poor customer service a I experienced when I contacted customer service to try to understand the change and why my credit card was being charged without my approval. I was also told I could not cancel my wife's automatic charges because i didn't know her password even though it was MY CREDIT CARD! I found it easier to cancel the credit card rather than try to figure out the lost password/email and follow the new poorly designed website.

Instead of spending the money on XBOX live, i bought a playstation. I like it and I plan to sell all XBOX equipment and moving entirely to Playstation. This is very sad because a year ago I loved the website and family plan management/billing setup and purchase 3 game systems. I really hope Microsoft changes their views on how they treat their customers by increasing costs by 140%. Controlling accounts should be much easier to figure out on the website and their should be some sort of bulk purchase discount.

This is very sad!

Sorry this didn't help.

If by hundreds of dollars of live and msp(or whatever they're called now) cards is what you mean, then you need to get new ones from your country. If you sent me codes from over there I wouldn't be able to redeem them, at least it's happened to me before. You can't just expect it to be region free, they have rules for a reason. Like how BF4 is banned in China because of the new dlc, because they found it to be an endangerment to national security (LOL).

Sorry this didn't help.