complaint system

Am I the only player who thinks that the complaint system is unfair and unjust? Why is it that they allow reputations to get foiled, and accounts to get banned for little kids being mad. I would also like to know how they do their investigating on such complaints, and how the decipher whether or not complaints are valid or not. Seeing as I have been playing xbox for over 5 years I deserve to know why me, and other friends get banned, but moders and hackers seldomly get in trouble what so ever. Thank you

Anthony S.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How does Enforcement work?
Action on a complaint is not instant. It can take up to 24 hours for an Enforcer to respond to your complaint, but can take longer to take action based on the investigation that will follow. Sometimes action is taken quicker than other times. For more insight into this process, please read/watch/listen to the following links:

XBL Police
 (article)
PAX East 2010 (60 minute pod cast)
Secrets of XBL Enforcement (article)
Vulcan Technology (8 minute video)
A Reading from the Book of Enforcement (12 minute video)
PAX East 2011 How XBL Policy Enforcement Works (8 minute video)
PAX East 2011 Conclusion (60+ minute pod   cast)

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Is that why I've been waiting 2 months to sort out the  unjustified ban against my sons account ???

The only way to get the reasoning behind a ban is to post in the following forum

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

How is it determined whether or not the complaints are valid? I have friends who file complaints on each other because they think its funny. For example, say someone says your trash talking, do they record game audio, go back and review what was said? Or do they just take an educated guess?

And also, what is the level under your playercard on the right stand for? Mine is one, yours is 5. Ive also seen M and X.

[quote user="Mayuri Taichou"]

How is it determined whether or not the complaints are valid? I have friends who file complaints on each other because they think its funny. For example, say someone says your trash talking, do they record game audio, go back and review what was said? Or do they just take an educated guess?

[/quote]

They have their ways of telling a complaint with real validity over a goof complaint.

Watch the videos in the links I provided and it shows you their process. Each report is looked at by the enforcement staff and they have criteria as to what does and doesn't fit as a valid complaint. 

[quote user="Mayuri Taichou"]

And also, what is the level under your playercard on the right stand for? Mine is one, yours is 5. Ive also seen M and X.

[/quote]

This link will help you with that question.

There is no file complaint optiion for Trash Talk

I was comm banned for profanity for a week, and they arent lettig me dispute it, they skipped a 1 day ban and immediatwly hit me with a week, and I can only imagine that being banned for profanity is for trqsh talkig.., soemthing everyone doea, so I personally feel that I shouldnt be suspended. Hey, lets go suspend those mo ks for praying. Every gamer seears, why should I be penalized for it, whe  little timmy is playing call of duty and tellig people to *$$€$$₩#₩(_*×£_¥_₩_€×%×^*>⊙●\□\}\□\}\}\□\●\{|}□○

The relevance of my above post is saying, why should I be banned for trash talking, when everyone does it?