Complaint - Console replacement

I have been directed here from a conversation with a support officer.

Conversation reference number: [Moderator removed: Reference number].

Firstly, I would like to stress that the replacement seems to work perfectly fine.

I recently sent off my limited edition Halo 4 Xbox 360 for repairs as it had a problem with constant freezing. I had taken good care of the console as it was firstly a nice looking console and secondly expensive! Because I had taken good care of it, aesthetically the console was near mint condition. The console was also still under warranty so it was repaired/replaced for free. 

Because it was still under warranty I expected the console to either be fixed or replaced with a like-for-like replacement. The console I have received is a Halo 4 xbox, however it has loose panels, is scratched, and is dirty and dusty inside. Basically it looks like I have a refurbished/ second hand console, but I do not feel like I have a like-for-like for mine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi

well all I can say is is the serial number the same with the time you first bought it?

and well these forums are not really for complantes you can contact Microsoft by dilling (1-800) 4MY-XBOX

sorry you had an bad experience

hope that helps:)

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft guarantees a functional console of the same model in either a new or refurbished state.  They do not guarantee your same console.  They do not guarantee against minor physical blemishes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ralak,

I've sent in a few consoles myself to get repaired and they always come back the same type of console, but it's not the same one I sent in.  I too keep all of my games, accessories, and consoles in near perfect condition.  I'm sorry that you lost your near mint condition console to one that wasn't up kept as good as yours :(  On a positive note, you're back in the game, so to speak!  Happy gaming!  :)  

Sorry this didn't help.

@Visage, I'm fairly certain they don't even guarantee the exact same model.  If they don't have any limited edition ones in stock then you won't get a replacement limited edition.  They do what they can, but there's reasonable limits.  I also find it amusing how many people get sent to the forums for things that the forums have literally nothing to do with.

@Ralak, You can try setting up another repair and hoping you get a better one, or you can send a letter to Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052-7329, that's pretty much the extent of your options.

Sorry this didn't help.