Compatible USB unconfigured on boot... please help

I bought a

Lexar JumpDrive Twist Turn 16GB USB Flash Drive (LJDTT16GASBNA). http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lexar-media-lexar-jumpdrive-twist-turn-16gb-usb-flash-drive-ljdtt16gasbna-ljdtt16gasbna/10171542.aspx?path=38bbfe3d136f740fc86304007e4bf387en02

I plugged it in, configured it, XBOX confirmed it met all the requirements, and it worked just fine. But when ever I try to turn on my XBOX, it say that the USB needs to be reconfigured AGAIN! But when I unplug and plug it back in while the XBOX is still running it recognizes it just fine.
WTF is going on? I've never had this happen with any USB. How do I fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Some brands seem to do this. The simple solution is not to leave it plugged into your console. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this in future updates.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is very strange... considering that 360 passed it on the performance test.

Also whenever I clear the USB's system cache and reboot. Its configured fine the the first boot... but all boots after make it unrecognized.

I know I can just plug it in on every boot, but this bound to cause some physical wear & tear on both the USB and the usb port. Plus it does get really annoying as you will have to remeber to do it every time, instead of just booting up and not having to plug it in.

Has MS expressed a need to fix this bug?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a HP drive that has a performance warning, yet I can leave it plugged in all the time and it has never unconfigured itself.

Some brands seem to do this, PNY is another. Microsoft haven't made any announcement about working on a fix for the problem.

Not sure they would to be honest as they recommend the Sandisk brand, who make the official USB Drives, for people to use with their console. 

Sorry this didn't help.